We have created an ILM Level 5 Coaching & Mentoring Course tailored for online delivery to individuals and groups. It is accessible from anywhere, at any time. The programme consists of:
- e-learning materials for your background knowledge and theory learning
- Individual or group learning sessions, run on Zoom
- Individual tutorials to support your assignment preparation and submission.
This is a 12-month long programme of blended learning leading to a professional qualification in coaching. The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) is an internationally recognised awarding body that sees 70,000 people a year gain a professional qualification. We are proud to have been an ILM recognised centre for 20 years.
This is much more than a programme of e-learning.
To successfully attain your qualification, you will need to complete all e-learning, group and individual learning sessions, and submit a portfolio of work based on the following units:
- Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an Organisational Context
- Undertaking 18 hours of Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context, and providing evidence and feedback.
- Reviewing your Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context.
You will learn how to be an effective, professionally qualified coach, with a firm understanding of:
- Learning styles
- Key communication skills – listening, questioning, body language, using silence
- Building trust and rapport
- The difference between coaching, mentoring and training
- The range of coaching approaches
- Coaching in the organisational context and barriers to coaching
- Contracting and confidentiality
- Goal Setting
- The GROW and OSKAR models
- Maintaining records
- Giving and gaining feedback
- Raising awareness
- The Inner Game
- Challenge and Rapport
- Emotional intelligence – for coaches and leaders
- Daniel Goleman and Bar-On models of emotional intelligence
- Transactional analysis
- Coaching leaders and management
Our MD is an ILM Level 7, EMCC Senior Practitioner professional coach. He takes an interest in every learner’s journey. Your tutors and coaches are all ILM and EMCC qualified. We have been a recognised ILM centre for twenty years, and as such we have considerable experience in guiding learners to the successful completion of their qualifications. We are there for you every step of the way.
We provide all the materials and templates required. We can also assist with providing practice coaching clients. The Level 5 qualification is considered to be the minimal level for professional coaches and many leaders and managers also use it in their day-to-day roles.